Can you have multiple Uppy instances but then a singular Upload progress component for all videos?

Hi there… I’ve been developing a React app recently where I’m creating a sort of timeline where each Timeline section can have it’s own video. And each of the generated timeline sections is a new component that has it’s own uppy instance.

My question here is, can I have an upload progress component that will show progress for all videos on all uppy instances?

Or should I maybe have only one Uppy instance at the top level, then each section only has a Dropzone?

Or something else entirely…?

I think you’re best bet is indeed to use a single instance of @uppy/core with multiple @uppy/drag-drop with different id’s (or some other UI) and a single @uppy/status-bar (or some other progress bar). However, I have not tried to use multiple UIs with Uppy myself. I think it should work though.

1 Like

Alright, will try and get back

Hi zzleki
I am also using Uppy, There should be different instances for each section because when you apply any event like beforeupload, in that case, this will not work correctly
I have rendered multiple uppy uploaders on the same page, and for that, I have created different instances like uppy1 and uppt2 like that where the 1 and 2 are the id of my field,
You can see this in the attached Images

Thanks
Preetam Kumar Joshi

Thank you for the reply. Sadly this project was pushed aside for some more pressing matters for some time… But now I’m working on this again :muscle::muscle:

If you still remember, how do you handle uploads? Do you trigger all of them at once or are they uploaded separately? - e.g. drop video into uppy, click upload, repeat for all…