Java Reactive Server Implementation

Hey folks, wanted to check if there is any community project for reactive Java Server implementation or is there a plan for such implemenation coming out from the Tus team!?

Hi there, you can find all implementations that we are aware of at Implementations | tus. I am not sure if one of the Java servers listed there is reactive. In addition, we don’t have the resources to maintain one ourselves.

Hey @marius thanks for confirming!

Hey @marius I am planning to do this implementation. How do I go about this? Any guidelines or do I do the implementation first and we take it from there.

That’s great to hear! I can recommend you to let yourself inspire by looking already existing implementation, such as tusd at GitHub - tus/tusd: Reference server implementation in Go of tus: the open protocol for resumable file uploads. This helps with the overall design and architecture of the server software. If you want to list your project on the list of implementations at tus.io, just let me know and I can add it.

If you have any questions regarding the protocol or how to move forward with your server, just ask right away :slight_smile:

Hey Marius, yes that’s the plan. A synergy in implementations is good.

Will keep you posted how it goes and when it’s ready to take forward.

Sounds good! Looking forward to hearing from you!

Thank you for posting your implementation, @dino9527!

Can I help recommend my project to the community, or what should I do

Yes, of course! Send a PR for tus.io/implementations.md at main · tus/tus.io · GitHub and it will be added to Implementations | tus.

Thanks @marius . PR awaiting approval.

1 Like