How do I change the "upload file" button appearance

Sorry for the total n00b question, but I am just getting started with Uppy. Love it so far. My next step is to tweak the appearance of certain objects (starting with the buttons) to match our branding styles. The one I’d like to start with is the green “Upload # File” button on the dashboard, changing it to a different color. Can you point me in the right direction? Thanks!

Hi, I’m afraid you’re going to have to target things specifically with a CSS selector as there is no theming support.

Thank you Merlijn! That’s unfortunate.

Is there an example of a CSS selector override for Uppy you could point me to?

Thanks – Jay

It depends on what you want to change. I can’t list all possible CSS selectors here. Best to trial and error a bit till you get what you want.

Thanks Merlijn! Really I’m just looking for an explanation of how it works. Is it as simple as changing my CSS sheet to match the same class/tag that uppy uses, and somehow that will “override” the uppy class? Or am I totally off? Thanks for the advice!

Jay

CSS specificity matters. But yes in theory you can just use any selector that targets the element and override the styles.