Failed Assembly

Archived from the Transloadit support forum. Originally posted on April 17, 2013; details may be outdated, see our docs for current behavior. Original thread

Hey guys,

Any ideas why this assembly failed?
REDACTED

Your insight would be appreciated.

thanks,

Simon

Hey Simon,

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. I’ve looked at your assembly and it appears that your video contains timecode (the tmcd data stream).

I don’t think our webm codec knows how to handle that.

We haven’t encountered this error before. How is the input file created?

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the reply.

I’m not sure how the file was created to be honest. Just received the original .mov from the client who in turn was given it by their (former) video production guys. I suspect we’ll probably be unable to get that information.

I recently ran a successful assembly of a different .mov file from the same production guys so I don’t know what they did differently in each case.

Not much to go on, sorry!

thanks,

Simon

Hi Simon,

I did some more research, the video stream, which is in ProRes format, is something we also cannot support. Our ffmpeg stack covers a lot, but there are some proprietary codecs that we just cannot handle.

More people struggle with that: http://superuser.com/questions/546560/ffmpeg-unable-to-parse-option-value-1-as-pixel-format.

Sorry I can’t be of much more help,

Kind regards,
Kevin

Hi Kevin,

No problem at all, thanks for the info.

Simon

Alright Simon, thanks for understanding.
Closing this ticket, but please let us know when there is anything else we can help you with.

Kind regards,
Kevin