Error creating thumbnail from page 1 of PDF

Hi,

I’m attempting to generate a thumbnail from the first page of a PDF. I use the parameter page: 1 in my assembly but the a thumbnail is generated from the last page of the PDF and all the colors are incorrect. If I remove the page parameter and allow thumbnails to be generated from all pages of the PDF, the generated PNG file labelled page_001.png is the first page of the PDF document and the thumbnail looks as expected.

This is the relevant part of my assembly:

pdf_thumb: {
            use: [":original"],
            robot: "/document/thumbs",
            result: true,
            page: 1,
            width: 200,
            height: 500,
            resize_strategy: "fit",
            imagemagick_stack: "v2.0.7"
        },

I have attached the generated thumbnails for reference (first image is generated from all pages and is the expected result; second image is the generated from the first page of the pdf).

Thanks for your help!
page_001

typescript-in-50-lessons

Hi laurad,

this is Florian from Transloadit.
I would be happy to assist on this topic!

Can you please open a ticket on our support system and send me an Assembly ID of one erroneous assembly? This would help us with keeping track of all the relevant errors :slight_smile:

You can find our Intercom integration in the lower right corner of the hompage https://transloadit.com.

Awaiting your response!

Hi Florian,

Thank you for your response but I’ve actually found the cause of the issue. I’m also using the "/image/resize" robot and it was the output from that robot that was generating the thumbnail from the last page of the thumbnail.

Cheers
Laura

1 Like

Hi Laura,

that’s great! I will close this topic now.

:hugs: