Working great but now stuck at start of upload

Archived from the Transloadit support forum. Originally posted on January 20, 2012; details may be outdated, see our docs for current behavior. Original thread

Hello, I’ve recommended using Transloadit to my client and am now trying to set up their software to use it. I signed up and all was going tremendously well. Until just now when the uploads are stuck right at the start. I choose the file and the progress bar appears but is then stuck at 0 bytes uploaded. I’m using the JQuery approach and waiting for the response their so I can use the result. Is there a limitation on number of file uploads per hour for the free account? The demo page on your website is working fine for me. Any help with this would very useful.

Hi,

what’s your account email? Were you doing video encoding or image resizing? Are you sure the upload did not finish, or was it the encoding taking long?

I just checked our systems, and we did have a lot of video jobs for the past 2 hours. Those may have lead to some processing delays for videos, but everything else should have been smooth.

--fg

Hi,

The account email is ***@martinwillitts.com. I’m doing image resizing. The problem has moved on a little. The upload is now starting and completing but the “processing” message is staying in place as if stuck there.

Thanks for your help.

Kindest regards,
Martin Willitts

Hi Martin,

I just had a look, and all the assemblies in your account seem to have processed just fine / very fast (0-1 seconds). There are also no reports from other users indicating a more widespread problem on our end.

So the most likely cause would be something you did with the JS on your site. What options are you giving to our jQuery plugin?

--fg

Thanks for taking a look at that. I was wondering if you had a license that would allow us to run your software in a private instance so that we can be sure of capacity?

Martin Willitts
t: REDACTED
e: ***@martinwillitts.com
w: http://www.martinwillitts.com

So are things working again now?

I was wondering if you had a license that would allow us to run your software in a private instance so that we can be sure of capacity?

No, we don’t offer a private version at this point.

That being said, our service is designed to offer very low / no queue times for all customers. As we’ve been growing a lot, there have been a few challenges with this, but it’s our job to resolve these. The cause of the delays yesterday has been fixed and should not come up anymore.

Let me know if you have more questions.

--fg

Closing this, feel free to re-open if you have more questions.