Extremely Slow Upload Speed

Archived from the Transloadit support forum. Originally posted on May 26, 2012; details may be outdated, see our docs for current behavior. Original thread

Hi Transloadit support team,

Hello - my name is Julia Burdell and I am an Implementation Manager at Vitrue, who licenses your product. I’m not sure of the best way to contact your team - but we are experiencing extremely slow upload time with our product that uses transloadit. It is taking 3.5 minutes to upload a 4MB mp4 video. The project is completely based on user upload and launches tomorrow morning (Sunday, 10am United States EST). Is it possible to get someone to take a look at the status of your servers/conversion process to confirm that it is working as intended?

Please let me know as soon as possible or if you need repro instructions, I’m happy to send that over.

You can contact me at ***@vitrue.com or on my cell - 770.378.5731

Thanks so much,
Julia

Hey julia, sorry for the slow upload speed. We are investigating this. Kind regards, tim

Thanks, Tim. Please keep us updated.

Hey julia, is it any better now?

I will check when I get back to my computer, which should be within the hour and will let you know. Thanks.

Hi Tim,

It’s not much better - this time, it took 2 minutes and 47 seconds to upload the 4MB video.

Here is an example:
https://www.facebook.com/Ben.DevPage/app_253009871377211
I tried using the video attached.

We also tried using transloadit.com directly to encode the video that is also really slow. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Julia

Hi Julia - sorry, we experienced some unusual traffic patterns last night that our auto scaling system wasn’t handling well. If you still experience issues at this point, please let me know. I just uploaded a 10 MB video in 20 seconds.

Also feel free to call me at REDACTED, or let me know if you’d like me to call you on the number you provided.

Again, we are very sorry for the problems and are working on fixing this scenario in our infrastructure.

Thanks for your attention to this, Felix. We’ve seen a significant improvement in load time. I will let you know if we encounter any further issues.

Thanks!
Julia