Archived from the Transloadit support forum. Originally posted on June 20, 2012; details may be outdated, see our docs for current behavior. Original thread
Hi, I’m trying to upload a users Facebook profile pic via a url
For example: https://graph.facebook.com/514728326/picture?type=large
Is there a way to upload from a url directly?
peter1
(peter)
June 20, 2012, 4:23pm
2
Have you tried using the /http/import robot via the api?
https://transloadit.com/docs/http-import
This is what I use for importing from URLs and it works great.
Thanks that should work.
I tried implementing this via the Ruby SDK but I’m a bit confused as the docs assume you use the jquery plugin.
So with this set up, where do I pass the facebook image URL? in the assembly call?
url = "https://graph.facebook.com/514728326/picture?type=large"
transloadit = Transloadit.new(
:key => '4e3d3d3d3d399bfd0f4839841e41',
:secret => 'REDACTED' )
response = transloadit.assembly(
:template_id => '0c195e6d33d333a3937094614829c4',
).submit!
tim-kos
(Tim Koschützki)
June 21, 2012, 5:30am
4
Well you need to pass your params to it and can then overwrite the template dynamically.
See here: https://transloadit.com/docs/passing-fields-and-variables-into-templates
Kind regards,
Tim
tim-kos
(Tim Koschützki)
July 12, 2012, 7:54am
5
Closing this for now. Please re-open the ticket if there is a need.
Kind regards,
Tim