http/import robot

Archived from the Transloadit support forum. Originally posted on November 27, 2012; details may be outdated, see our docs for current behavior. Original thread

For the http/import robot, how do you specify a dynamic url?

I am trying to use it in this template REDACTED in order to create the waveform for my current inventory from before your new waveform robot release.

Hey,

you can achieve this either via assembly fields or by overwriting the template on the fly using the params field. Here are the docs for that: https://transloadit.com/docs/passing-fields-and-variables-into-templates

kind regards,
Tim

Co-Founder Transloadit
@tim_kos

Is there a way this can be put into a CRON job? It seems that for things to work the user needs to interact and submit the form.

I am not fully understanding your question. What do you need to put into a Cron Job?

I think I have a rough idea, but stop me if that turns out to be off.

You can use Transloadit to convert your current media library without user interaction, or uploads yes. You can just address our API and use one of the /import/ functions from a script. You could run this via crontab, trigger it by inotify, or have it initiated by other applications, all in the background.

I don’t know what language you’ll be using but we have some SDKs that could save you work (see “integration libraries” and “ccommunity projects” under https://transloadit.com/docs). If you language is not listed though, talking to our API involves not much more than a few HTTP calls, json encoding, and signatures.

Hope this helps,
Kevin

Kevin,
Ill look into that. I will be doing it via PHP.

Hey,

do you need more help here?

kind regards,
Tim

Co-Founder Transloadit
@tim_kos