Split a video into pieces

Archived from the Transloadit support forum. Originally posted on January 11, 2011; details may be outdated, see our docs for current behavior. Original thread

I would love to be able to run a robot that splits uploaded video or audio into X chunks and returns an array of filenames. Often times we are uploading a longer video and it would be convenient for viewers to be able to view it in segments.

We have video editing software to do this on our side before uploading, but

  1. It would be easier if it could be done via robot
  2. We’d like to offer this as a value added service as part of our video/audio platforming we are building out.

Thank you for transloadit.

Jack

This request has come up a few times from different customers now (along with the opposite, a robot to merge videos). So I think we’ll go ahead and implement it.

Do you have a deadline for this to be useful to your plattform?

No timeline. It’s a “would like to have” not a “must have”

Would be nice to have by the end of February 2011, but like I said, it’s not a deal breaker.

Alright, end of February sounds doable! We’ll try our best : )

(I’m closing the ticket for now, the announcement for this addition will be on our blog / in the next newsletter)