No results returned

Archived from the Transloadit support forum. Originally posted on January 26, 2011; details may be outdated, see our docs for current behavior. Original thread

Saw this other discussion (actually by someone who set up our plugin initially): https://community.transloadit.com/t/external_id/tender-problems-29

This has worked fine locally yet when I set it up on our testing environment I’m not getting any ‘results’ returned. You can see some of the recent assemblies on this account (that I’m currently logged in as). We’re passing “result” : true for each step as the previous discussion noted.

Not really sure what’s missing, any ideas?

An assembly for your review: REDACTED

Hey Ryan,

did you try to test your template out of your transloadit account? If that’s the case, can you please try again?

If not, can you disclose more details on how to embed transloadit in terms of your testing environment?

Thanks,
Tim

Sorry, I’m not sure I’m following.

We’re not using any templates (both accounts have no templates).

I have a local environment and a test environment (hosted). They are using identical code to deal with transloadit, just separate transloadit accounts and therefore auth details.

For my local environment I have a personal transloadit account. When I submit a video for encoding we pass along these params:

{ "auth": {
    "expires": "2011/01/27 18:42:22 +000",
    "key": "REDACTED"

}, “steps”: {

"encode": {
  "result": true,
  "preset": "flash",
  "robot": "/video/encode"
},
"thumbs": {
  "result": true,
  "count": 10,
  "robot": "/video/thumbs"
}

} }

Which works fine for my personal account.

Now, for testing (non-local) environment we have a company account. Again, we’re not using any templates but the params we pass along are identical to the above.

Likewise, both my local-env and test-env show the file as uploaded.

The only difference I’m seeing is that the test-env shows no “results”, while the local-env has the expected “results”.

I thought it might be a credit thing but the test-env’s account (our company account) has $5 of credit still.

I’m happy to discuss over skype! Just let me know and I’ll reach out.

Ok, I noticed something odd, the file in the linked assembly is detected as “image/png”, so the video robots ignore it:

https://transloadit.com/assemblies/view/REDACTED

Ryan: Can you try with another kind of file? This way we can make sure if the problem is isolated to this particular file type.

Well I’ll be… that was it.

Looks like a while back someone uploaded a set of invalid videos to our test site, which I had been testing video conversion with.

When I posted a new video that I knew was OK, it worked fine and the results came back as expected.

Thanks for spotting that! We’ll work to prevent invalid videos from getting stored on our end.

I’m not sure this is an “invalid” video. At least quicktime on my mac does open the file and plays what looks like a 1-frame recording of a screenshot.

So if it turns out you need support for this format, we can probably figure it out. Otherwise we’ll add it to our backlog of todos : ).

Backlogging is fine. I’ll test a few other formats – it looks like a set of these 1-frame videos were all pegged as png mime type (although being avi, mpeg, etc).