In IE8 trasnloadit is not working

Archived from the Transloadit support forum. Originally posted on April 15, 2013; details may be outdated, see our docs for current behavior. Original thread

I am using trasloadit PHP library to convert a wav file into mp3 and flv format.
My steps are as follow

  1. http import of wav file.
    2)convert it into mp3 and flv formats.
    3)save results into S3 bucket.

I am getting connection error only in IE8.
Here is my link to test http://bit.ly/ZrQ8fI

please help me in this matter

Hey there,

thank you for the ticket and submitting a video with it.

I am not sure I understand exactly where you are getting the connection error in the video. Do you have any output from the javascript console that could shed some light on this?

Kind regards,
Tim

Co-Founder Transloadit
@tim_kos

Tim
thanks for your reply.Console is empty. In my account I am not get any assembly for this activity.No clue at all for me.Please investigate it asap, my application is blocked because of it. thanks
arvind

Hey Arvind,

Sorry to hear you are having problems.
Without errors or console output it is very hard for us to understand and debug the underlying problem.

There were some issues with certain jQuery versions and older IE versions. This is just a hunch but it could be related. We have a small blogpost on the matter here: https://transloadit.com/blog/2013/02/transloadit-javascript-plugin-and-jquery-1-9

As far as other clues.. If the assembly page in your account stays empty, we can assume that the requests do not get to Transloadit. That means that something in the connection chain before Transloadit should have an error about not being able to complete the request.

Maybe you missed a certain tab in IE’s developer console? A Network tab of some kind that features the exact URL it tries, and the reason for failure?

Sorry I can’t be of more help in this stage.

Kind regards,
Kevin