Connection Error

Archived from the Transloadit support forum. Originally posted on August 19, 2013; details may be outdated, see our docs for current behavior. Original thread

Any idea why my user is getting this error? It seems to working OK for others.

http://www.screenr.com/WyRH

Hm, this is very weird. Does it happen constantly for him? Does it constantly work for all others?

Kind regards,
Tim

Co-Founder Transloadit
@tim_kos

Yes he has been getting it for a day or so. He was able to upload a few days ago but now cannot.
It works fine for other folks. But we have got some complaints that % is never correct… often will not get above 50% (stops in the 40s) and occasionally it goes way past it… 212%, 2000%, etc

Is it possible that your customer is in a firewalled environment and connections to transloadit.com are not allowed?

As for the percentages, that seems like a bug. What version of our plugin are you using? (we recently released a big upgrade https://transloadit.com/blog/2013/08/new-jquery-plugin-version-2-1-0-released).

Kind regards,
Kevin

I am pretty sure that error message is being generated by your js/css so it would seem that they are connected to transloadit.com. Also they didn’t have any trouble before with uploading a file, this is recent.

We are using http://assets.transloadit.com/js/jquery.transloadit2-latest.js

Got this from our customer today:
“Thanks for the assist with updating my course version! I think my issue may have been a firewall issue on my side - I am following up with my workplace’s IT group.”

That would explain it. I think we can mark this ticket as resolved then?

Kind regards,
Tim

Co-Founder Transloadit
@tim_kos

Well since he could upload before it makes me wonder if something changed in the newest version?
We also have another potential client who can’t use the service for the same reason.

Nope, nothing changed.

I am closing this ticket now as it’s old. Please feel free to re-open it if you need more help.