How to configure Companion for server hosting Microsoft Azure website

I am currently trying to implement Uppy’s remote cloud storage file selection by configuring Companion for my website’s standalone IIS server, which is hosted for a Microsoft Azure website as an FYI. First off, I’m assuming I run the npm commands on the server itself? That along with running the actual companion command is something I’ve been trying to do on my available server tools of CMD and PowerShell, to no avail. I’m very unfamiliar with Node.js and its scope of commands, but I would still love some assistance for deploying this intriguing file uploader tool. I also need to make sure I have all the necessary environment variables set up – does the example given on the Uppy site list all required variables? I am trying this in order to be able to use services like Google Drive, OneDrive, and Dropbox, which I have already created API keys and secrets for. Will I need some configuration in the Azure portal for this, or perhaps on the Web server itself (which is hosted by the Kudu service), or both?