Archived from the Transloadit support forum. Originally posted on June 19, 2011; details may be outdated, see our docs for current behavior. Original thread
Didnt seem to paste the code.
See here
Archived from the Transloadit support forum. Originally posted on June 19, 2011; details may be outdated, see our docs for current behavior. Original thread
Didnt seem to paste the code.
See here
Hot sure what happened to this thread??? Lost my first post.
This setup in the link above is getting errors on IE 7
Wont upload many times.
Says error on page.
Followed the minimal setup. Guidance appreciated. Hoping to send it live asap.
Stuart
It seems like you have errors in your JavaScript. Specifically this error:
Uncaught TypeError: Object #<Object> has no method 'colorbox'
Which comes from this snippet of code on your page:
$(document).ready(function(){
//Examples of how to assign the ColorBox event to elements
$(".example5").colorbox();
//Example of preserving a JavaScript event for inline calls.
$("#click").click(function(){
$('#click').css({"background-color":"#f00", "color":"#fff", "cursor":"inherit"}).text("Open this window again and this message will still be here.");
return false;
});
});
Which is most likely caused by a missing jQuery plugin or something.
--fg
Hi Felix,
Thanks for the assistance.
I removed colorbox all together.
I also put the transloadit JS in the header. Still same error on IE. Works on Chrome, FF, Safari.
What did you use to find that script error.
Any Guidance Appreciated.
Stuart
I used IE8’s script debugger while running in IE7 compatibility mode:
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/jscript/archive/2008/03/13/jscript-debugger-in-internet-explorer-8.aspx
Our jQuery plugin is working for all our customers in IE, so I think it’s very likely that there is still an issue with your code somewhere. So it’d be great if you could have a look with IE8’s debugger first.
If that doesn’t get you anywhere, I can try to have a closer look.
--fg
Hi Felix
I’m getting an Invalid argument error on jquery.min.js
a.elem.style&&a.elem.style[a.prop]!=null?a.elem.style[a.prop]=(a.prop==="width"||a.prop==="height"?Math.max(0,a.now):a.now)+a.unit:a.elem[a.prop]=a.now}
I changed the jquery refrence to the latest version 1.6.1.
Is there anything else I need to change in the jquery? Otherwise i just have it setup as in the documentation.
Stuart
I am getting
attempt to run compile-and-go script on a cleared scope [Break On This Error] Failed to load source for: http://ajax...m/ajax/libs/jquery/1.6.1/jquery.min.js
On the result page when the upload is complete. Do you also get that? Are you referring to this with your last comment?
Hi Tim,
I haven’t looked at the success page yet,
The main issue is that it is failing to upload in IE a lot.
It is saying error on page and the uploading doesn’t begin.
Would love to begin using this, but if it is going to a trouble shooting exercise of epic proportion I will have to find something simple.
Another cloud upload tools is billing me monthly now and would love to switch but this just doesn’t seem to be stable or easy…
The implementation just seems to be cutting and pasting a few lines of code…what could possible be going wrong?
Stuart
Okay I tested it in IE7, IE8 and IE9. IE7 works (although the design is a little distorted) and so does IE8. In IE9 the upload does not start. Are you experiencing this in IE9?
I created a test environment at http://flashfun247.com/tl_test/. It did not work in IE9 with jQuery 1.4.2 due to a jquery error. But 1.6.1 works fine in IE (we need to fix the design of the modal of it though it seems).
Can you maybe try creating a test environment where you remove all other javascript files other than transloadit and see if it works then?
Kind regards,
Tim
Hi Tim,
I’m in IE8.
There is a basic stripped back version on the same page.
http://bit.ly/jc19NN
It is giving me an error on page msg, and the upload is not starting. But it seems to be start occasionally.
Let me know what you think.
Stuart
I created your test environment on http://flashfun247.com/tl_test2/ and it did not work. Then I moved the script tags from the body into the head and it did not work either. I then cleared the cache and it suddenly worked. :S Omg, what a browser - seriously.
Now after 5min it consistently doesn’t work again. This is IE9 however.
IE8 is always working for me. Have you tried launching your upload page in IE7 compatibility mode using the X-UA-Compatible tag? That might help.
I will def. look more into this tomorrow. This is really weird. I double checked some other client sites in IE9 and everything worked fine for them.
Kind regards,
Tim
Hi Tim,
I don’t have loads to time to cross browser tweak and test this.
It seems from the testing that there are errors even with stripped back versions of the code.
When you are confident there are no bugs in the product I will happily try it again, but for the time being I don’t have the time to work through technical problems.
Best Regards,
Stuart
As I said, I will check it out again today and will let you know if I find anything.
All I can say is that my stripped back version works in all browsers, yours doesn’t, but I haven’t figured out yet why.
Will let you know as soon as I have anything.
Kind regards,
Tim
Hi Tim,
I put the JS in the header, and added HTML tags.
Still same error. I also tested on your link And there was still an error but apparently different. http://thailand.tv/upload2.png
The javascript didn’t seem to load properly.
I don’t really use IE so there are no plugins or anything special running.
IE is running from a virtual machine.
Keep me posted.
Stuart
Does the upload run through for you with my test setup? It does for me. As I said above it seems we need to fix the CSS for IE9, but that’s not a very big task.
Hi Tim,
I just tested 2 files on your version and both went through on IE 8.
But css/image still off.
Stuart
As I said, the css needs fixing. I can look into that tomorrow morning.
Closing this.