Cross Browser tested

Archived from the Transloadit support forum. Originally posted on July 17, 2011; details may be outdated, see our docs for current behavior. Original thread

Is this tested and working on IE yet or is it still…in development?

Let me know.

Yes, the jQuery plugin runs in all IE versions. Our website may not always render perfectly so : ).

Hi Guys,

Just had another shot at getting this working. Similar experience. Seems solid on Chrome, Firefox but really buggy on IE.

Would there be any way to run it and add a basic progress bar that doesn’t require Jquery?

Stuart

The other thing…

I haven’t followed this this step

Hint: When integrating Transloadit into your app later you should use your favorite scripting language to encode the json.

Would that effect it? I’m thinking not.

Just ran a few tests on IE and it worked fine without the Jquery.

Stuart

Earth to Berlin…Earth to Berlin…do you read me?

Hey Stuart,

no the jQuery plugin is independent of the SDK that you use.

You can however build your progressbar.
Just use the parameter modal: false and the callback “onProgress(bytesReceived, bytesExpected)” for the jQuery plugin. That prevents the modal window with the default progressbar to show and gives you the received bytes and the expected upload bytes to render your progress bar.

Let me know how it goes.

Kind regards,
Tim

PS: I will check the default progress bar on IE. It worked fine there all the time. What bugs did you experience?

Hi Tim,

I will try and get it going without Jquery.

Same error as previously. IE says Error on Page and the progress bar opens but the download doesn’t begin. In Firefox and chrome it begins no problem.

The debugger throws up a error that is the same as http://forum.jquery.com/topic/jquery-and-ie-not-behaving-at-all

Which seems to be a common error. Not sure if thats what is causing it.

Stuart

Hi Guys,

Can you take a look at the code on this test page http://thailand.tv/testpage

I changed it to the custom progress bar from here, but im still not seeing a progress bar.
http://transloadit.com/docs/configuring-the-jquery-plugin

Am I missing something obvious.

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

$(‘#progress’)

  .text((bytesReceived / bytesExpected * 100).toFixed(2)+'%');

You don’t have any dom element with id=“progress” in your markup. That’s why nothing shows.

Kind regards,
Tim

I just wanted to verify that I’m having this issue as well.

Being lovely IE7, it’s a bit of a drag to debug, especially with compressed/obfuscated code.

Same behavior …
IE7 “says Error on Page and the progress bar opens but the download doesn’t begin.”

I’m trying to figure out if it has to do with other code on the page, but sure would be great to simplify or fix this IE (css?) issue.

See Berlin,

Told you I wasn’t crazy…

Hey “support”,

do you have this live somewhere where I can take a look?

@Stuart: Oh we didn’t think you were crazy. :slight_smile: We just could not reproduce the error in our IE7.

Kind regards,
Tim

Thank you for your interest in the Herbalife iChange beta test and for taking the time to submit your feedback. Your input is valuable to us as we strive to improve iChange. Due to the large volume of inquiries we may not be able to respond to each email individually.

Please know that all issues and suggestions sent in are logged and submitted to iChange management and engineering for further review, bug fixes and future feature planning.

Thank you for being a part of the iChange Community!

Your iChange Team

Sorry for the lame automated msg prior, I’ve updated my email address.

Any updates on this since two months ago?

I’m about to dive in again, but as noted, IE testing can be difficult and doesn’t always seem to give consistant results.

Hey,

yeah would be cool if you could dive in again and check it. :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance for your time.
Tim

Hey icdev,

do you still plan to look into this?

Kind regards,
Tim

Closing this.