Any consultants here? Will pay for guidance

I need to convert user uploads for serving Apple Fair Play and DASH+CENC (two flavours of DRM).

It is not clear to me if or how I could re-use variants and/or fragments to reduce encoding before applying DRM. What are the best assembly/template(s) to create.

I have all this done on my own servers, but we have edge/fail cases and I want to see if transloadit overcomes them (I am guessing we have messed up some ffmpeg or gpac command parameter).

So I want to simply test at first to ensure we can make a ‘problem child’ video playback in our player if transloadit did the encoding. Assuming it does, then I want to set up an api to automate.

I have the background to understand what is going on.
But I loathe the idea of struggling by myself for a few days.
If I can find a guru to work with me over Skype or such, I will cheerfully pay for their time.

We have a live site, a player, many films and servers. Also have uppy front end in beta.
It’s a case os putting together a workflow.
First a test job proof of concept, then setting it up for regular unattended or on demand encoding and encryption.

Thank you.

Hello, apologies for the long delay on this forum.

We don’t offer consultancy as our devs are pretty stacked up with other priorities. Have you been able to make progress alone since creating this post? If so it would be great to hear about it.

Cheers!