waveform robot attempting to process incompatible mime types

Archived from the Transloadit support forum. Originally posted on April 26, 2013; details may be outdated, see our docs for current behavior. Original thread

Please see assembly REDACTED.

I am trying to upload audio, video, and photo files.
My template is successful when i only include the video and photo steps.

When i add the audio step to my template, audio files work, but not video and photo files.
It seems as though the waveform step doesn’t ignore non-audio files, causing it to throw the error ‘waveform tool exit code: 1’

Thanks in advance for your help with this.

Is anybody looking into this? I asked the question via support email last night and again here this morning and I haven’t received a reply…

Hey Matt,

please allow a few hours to pass until we reply to your support ticket. We are based in Europe, so we were asleep.

I am going to look into your issue now.

Kind regards,
Tim

Co-Founder Transloadit
@tim_kos

Hey Matt,

the waveform robot should have ignored the image file, but it didn’t, hence there is the error

formats: no handler for file extension `jpg’
Unrecognized audio format for input file: /srv/shared/tmp/download/REDACTED.jpg

as seen on the assembly detail page: https://transloadit.com/assemblies/REDACTED

A fix is being deployed as I am typing this. It should become available within the next 30 minutes.

Sorry for the inconvenience. : /

Kind regards,
Tim

Co-Founder Transloadit
@tim_kos

Hi Tim, happy to confirm that this is working correctly now. Thanks for dealing with the issue promptly!

Most welcome!

Closing this.