url result returns me tmp transloadit url

Archived from the Transloadit support forum. Originally posted on January 31, 2012; details may be outdated, see our docs for current behavior. Original thread

Hey,

using the sftp robot the uploads url result returns me an url like this “http://tmp.keena.transloadit.com/upload/…”
Is there any way to get the absolute url of the file on my target server (as specified in the template)?

My template:
“steps”: {

"flash_video": {
  "robot": "/video/encode",
  "realtime": true,
  "width": 660,
  "height": 371,
  "preset": "ipad-high"
},
"store_videos": {
  "use": "flash_video",
  "robot": "/sftp/store",
  "user": "******",
  "host": "******",
  "path": "public/files/videos/${assembly.id}_${file.url_name}",
  "url_template": "http://myurl.com/files/videos/${assembly.id}_${file.url_name}"
},
"extracted_thumbs": {
  "count": 1,
  "use": ":original",
  "robot": "/video/thumbs",
  "width": 660,
  "height": 371
},
"store_thumbs": {
  "use": "store_thumbs",
  "robot": "/sftp/store",
  "user": "******",
  "host": "******",
  "path": "public/files/thumbnails/${assembly.id}_${file.url_name}",
  "url_template": "http://myurl.com/files/thumbnails/${assembly.id}_${file.url_name}"
}

}

Best regards,
Chris

Hey,

of course was the “use” value in my “store_thumbs” step wrong, sorry for that. But now I have seen that the result array is completely empty with this settings and that seems to be the real problem. Uploading a test video in my account panel will works fine and the result array will returned correctly. But I get an empty “results” array if I try to get the return in my JS (calling onSuccess) .

Best regards,
Chris

Hey Chris,

do you use our jQuery plugin? If so, do you have its “wait” parameter set to “true”?

Hi Tim,

I am using your jQuery plugin.
I have now set its “wait” parameter to “true” - has solved the problem!

Thanks for your help,
Chris

Great.

The thing is that with wait you wait for our backend processes to finish first.

See the docs here: https://dev.transloadit.com/docs/configuring-the-jquery-plugin

Closing this.