Tranfer original file without resize

Archived from the Transloadit support forum. Originally posted on November 4, 2010; details may be outdated, see our docs for current behavior. Original thread

Ultimately, I would like to upload 4 sizes on S3: Original + 3 resize, I would like to avoid multiple http requests (1 for the original to S3, and 3 resizes to transloadit).

  1. Is there an assembly rule that would allow me to transfer the original size to S3 directly, without resize?
  2. If yes, would the size of the file be charged (since I don’t use your robots here)?

Actually, I found a way to do it, but it does not work, could you tell me what is wrong with this assembly?

{
    auth:{key:"..."}

, steps:

  { thumb1:
    { robot: "\/image\/resize"
    , width: 320
    }
  , thumb2:
    { robot: "\/image\/resize"
    , width: 160
    }
  , store:
    { use: [":original", "thumb1", "thumb2"]
    , robot: "/s3/store"
    , bucket: "PhotoSafari"
    , key: "..."
    , secret: "..."
    }
  }

, redirect_url:“http:\/\/localhost:3000/uploading” , notify:“http:\/\/localhost:3000/uploaded” }

Hey Stan,

the code you pasted should work, but I think the JSON you posted here isn’t identical to what reached us. In your last assemblies I see this:

"use": {
  "0": "thumb1",
  "1": "thumb2"
},

That’s probably a problem with the way you encode your JSON.

Anyway, another thing I noticed is that you should set 'use': ':original' for your thumb2 step, otherwise it will have to wait for thumb1 to finish and use that file instead of executing in parallel.

Let me know if that helps!

Got it, thanks!