Multiple assembly response for one upload

Archived from the Transloadit support forum. Originally posted on July 28, 2011; details may be outdated, see our docs for current behavior. Original thread

i’m using transload-it with jquery plugin to upload my videos. I’m using wait: false and i have supplied a redirect_url and a notify_url as well. I’m experiencing a strange behavior that whenever i upload a video it gets uploaded fine but i constantly keep on getting the assembly results/response again and again on my notify_url, why is that?

This results in a weird bug in my application which is suppose i have uploaded a video and after sometime i deleted it. Now what happens is for the time being the video gets deleted but as soon as another assembly result/response hit the notify_url that delete is undo and the video comes back as if i haven’t deleted it. This is very annoying, is there any configuration setting through which i can control this. Ideally in case of a successful upload the notify_url should only be hit once, but i don’t know why is it coming back again and again.

Regards,

Furqan

Hey Furqan,

this is indeed not the way this should work. Our notification urls are always only sent out once, except in case there is an error. If there is an error, we retry sending the notification 10 times over 2 hours.

I am pretty certain the problem in your case is, that your notification url does not respond with a 200 header. Can you make sure it does?

Also please point me to some assembly id’s where you experienced this problem.

Kind regards,
Tim

Hey Furqan,

have you looked into this again?

Kind regards,
Tim

Hey Tim,

I apologize for replying late, actually i was not in town and i had very limited or no access to internet. Anyways, yeah i looked into it and you were right, the header response was not 200 and that’s why i kept on getting the assembly response again and again.

Thanks for putting me in the right direction, i appreciate your prompt response and follow up.

Cheers

Hey Tim,

I’m using transloadit to upload my videos to rackspace. All was working fine but i found that the videos are no longer uploaded and i never get the response on the notify_url mentioned in the form.
I’m wondering what’s wrong, i tried it a couple of times and never got back any response any error whatsoever. I’m lost, please let me know how to troubleshoot this. I’m using jQuery plugin for uploading.

Regards,

Furqan

Hey Furqan,

can you point me two a few of your assembly ids? Then I can take a look.

Thank you

Hey Tim,

Attached are some of the assemblies and see that all of them says “Assembly is currently being executed” and all have valid notify_url as well but even then i never get any response/error on the notify_url. I’m wondering what’s wrong, need your assistance asap.

Regards,

Hey Furqan,

don’t see your assembly ids.

If they are still executing, then they most likely are still. A notification is sent when an assembly completed or crashes because of an error. It’s not sent when the assembly changes its status to “Executing”.

Hey Tim,

Attached are some of the assemblies and notice all of them says “Assembly is currently being executed” and all of them have a valid notify_url but still i never get any results/error on this url. I’m wondering what’s wrong, need your assistance asap.

Regards

Hey Furqan,

we are currently experiencing high load so our queue is full. Please give it a bit more time. This one for example just completed: https://transloadit.com/assemblies/REDACTED

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Tim

Hey Tim,

Thanks for your response. Finally i got a response for one of my uploads so seems it’s just a high load issue at your end.

Regards,

Furqan