Assembly Variable interpolation

Archived from the Transloadit support forum. Originally posted on April 7, 2014; details may be outdated, see our docs for current behavior. Original thread

I’m trying to integrate the Flexpaper PDf viewier with Transloadit.

I have run into the following problem:

  • I’m using Transloadit assembly variables to store files in a format compatible with Flexpaper, eg path: “${file.original_id}/${file.meta.thumb_index}.${file.ext}” which produces files 0-XXX
  • Flexpaper seems to require that pages be numbered from 1-XXXX

I cannot find an easy method in either Flexpaper or Transloadit to make this work together easily.

The two possibilities I am considering as viable:
- If there was some way to tamper with the file name that Transloadit creates to get files named 1-XXX eg interpolating calculations in the path: “${file.original_id}/${file.meta.thumb_index + 1}.${file.ext}”
- Customizing Flexpaper.js to make it read from files 0-XXX rather than 1-XXX

Any suggestions much appreciated!

Hey Gordon,

We’re writing you to let you know that at least one message of yours in this thread has been flagged as spam by our support software.

We failed to adequately monitor this, which is why you have not gotten the support that you deserve.

We, the founders of Transloadit are very sorry for this and besides this apology, would like to offer you assistance with this thread if it is still required.

More information can be found on our blog: https://transloadit.com/blog/2015/09/support-fail/

We realize we’re extremely late with this offer, but please let us know if we can still help you with this ticket.

Kind regards,

Tim & Kevin
Transloadit’s Founders

This discussion has been inactive for 30 days and has been marked as resolved automatically.
Feel free to reply to this ticket to re-open it and we will continue the investigation.

Kind regards,
Tim

Co-Founder Transloadit